Saturday, November 28, 2015

Author Spotlight: Tracey Champion





Author Spotlight
In this Author Spotlight I interviewed Tracey Champion, author of, Forget Cinderella, (True Love's Fairy Tale 1) A New Adult novel.


What is your book about?
Cara Mia
 It all begins with my story.
 I was Momma’s beautiful, happy, hippie princess. Then I was lost, sad and closed off. I wanted the fairy tale, I wanted to be Cinderella.
When I was preparing to start life on my own my story took on twists and turns I never expected. I decided to take some time to turn my story around. I wanted a happily ever after that was almost impossible until I met Amber, my friend, and she made me realize my story wasn’t where it was meant to be.
Then Jordan came along, my prince, and now my story is out of my hands. I’ve found what I was missing and I didn’t even know it, but it may all be taken away from me. I may even be taken away from this wonderful life I’ve built and the people I’ve surrounded myself with. My beautiful life could be gone and my fairy tale forgotten. I don’t even have a glass slipper to help me.

What inspired you to write this book?
I have always had stories play in my head. I actually had the beginning, middle and end to this book in my head. I wrote a 3rd person piece for a group for fun. A lady named Karen ask me for more and I ended up writing the book

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the book?
I have 2 characters. 1 male and 1 female, I wrote my hatred for them into the story so that the reader could hate them as much as I do. 

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?
I love romance and everything about it. The story should not be based on the sex alone, but the connection the characters have with each other.

Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?
This is book 1 of hopefully a 6 book series. This is the only one that is a cliffhanger and that is why the cover art has no color

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?
I love to tell stories. I learned I could tell a good story when I wrote an unfinished piece of work when I was 17 years old. As for authors that inspire me. Wow. That this is very long. I like many authors.

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel?
Another long list. I think picking my favourite book of all time would be like trying to pick my favourite child. 

Have you written other books we should know about?
This is my first publish book, but I have plans for 10 other books

If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?
Start writing what comes to you and don’t stop. Don’t worry about what other’s think and do your best.


 Where can we find your book?


Where can we find out more about you?

Twitter @mrsmonkey829

 





 




60 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first book and good luck with the rest, Tracey! Thanks for the lovely interview, Trudy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading the interview as I enjoyed being a part of it

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really interesting read. I love to read author profiles and get a sense of their inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find plenty of them here :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. most of my activity is on Facebook and I have no issues answering questions about myself or my story

      Delete
  3. What an interesting read. I cannot wait to read it during this holiday season

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you, it is a cliffhanger story and I am trying to write the second book. I hope you enjoy reading it.

      Delete
  4. I love to find new authors! This sounds like a great story, I love a take on Cinderella, and the personal aspect of this will make it an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinderella was my favourite story growing up :)

      Delete
  5. How exciting! Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like my kind of book! Can't wait to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy reading. Don't forget to stop by and find more interesting reads.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your first book I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a writer I'm always stoked to see writers following their passion. Kudos to you and best of luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your book! Sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to be introduced to a new author. Congrats on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you dream big and aren't just stopping with your first published book but have plans for 10 more...that is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no stopping Tracey Champion... the names a giveaway really

      Delete
    2. When I had completed Forget Cinderella I only had 2 books in this series planned, but then the other 4 came to me. On top of the 4 other books I was thinking on. Each day I figure out something new for one of my books and I love it.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on your first book, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your book! I admit that I've had this on my bucket list since I was a kid. Time to get writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do, and tell us all about it when you have it done.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, and start writing. Its scary at first but I've really enjoyed this past year. I've met some of the most amazing people.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on publishing your first book! What a fabulous accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds fabulous. I am adding to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm adding this to my must read list! Thank you so much for this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats. i always have better words in my head when im thinking about my blog posts and then they dont come as easy when i actually write. i should start writing them down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, brain like a sieve.

      Delete
    2. Its always a good idea to write them down. I have notebooks all over the place with ideas.

      Delete
  18. Congrats on your first book! Sounds like a good read to add to my nightstand.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your book! I can't wait to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. Thank you. I've had some people who have read it looking for that first book feel and they don't find it. Which amazes them.

      Delete
  21. Great interview! This book sounds like something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the cover for the book! Thanks for sharing a few details about the author. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wanted something that really fit the book and not something that would just capture a reader. So, my sisters long time BFF drew that for me.

      Delete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.