Sunday, January 10, 2016

Author Spotlight: Kandice Iglehart-Jarrett


Author Spotlight
In this weeks Author Spotlight, I interviewed Kandice Iglehart-Jarret, author of Swiftly Taken, an Urban Fiction novella.

What is your Novella about?
In a world full of jealousy, manipulation and greed, who is to say it was Kelly's fault to fall into the situation she found herself in? Kelly Mystique is far from who she has become and meant to be in this tale of betrayal. Throughout her trials and tribulations after being sheltered all her life she will find herself in a bind that not even her parents can save her from.

The secret that will unfold within this story, will put the true meaning in 'what is done in the dark will come to light.' An unexpected twist that will surely have you wondering,who is she? 

What inspired you to write this novella?
The world that we live in today can be very influential on a young woman, and how someone's life turns out depends on choices. We all have choices to make, and it depends on what choice we choose that will determine the outcome of our next situation.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the novella?
My favorite character is Teardrop, and least favorite is Seleste.

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?
This genre is all about drama and turning negative situations around to make them into something positive. For now I do not write any other specific genre.

Is this a standalone novella, or can we expect more?
This book will have a sequel that should be making its debut next summer of 2016. The name will be Motive

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer?
What drew me to writing is the expression of oneself that it allows. It is another type of art, in a way. There are many authors who inspired me, to name a few, Sister Souljah, Lemony Snicket, Eric Jerome Dickey, R.L. Stine, etc. The ones who have inspired me are not all urban fiction, some are from my younger years, and I read their entire series.

Other than your own novella, what is your favourite novel?
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah
Have you written other books we should know about? (Please add urls)
For now, Swiftly Taken is the only one that is actually complete.

If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?
My advice would be to take criticism as constructive and to never let it bring you down, but inspire you do better.

Where can we find your novella?

Where can we find out more about you?

 Twitter @Kandi_Diva





20 comments:

  1. Great post. I always enjoy reading your reviews of new authors. It is wonderful to go underground and discover something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome interview. Her book sounds awesome and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you regularly expose the new author and explore their novel through your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like quite the story! I am going to have to give it a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great author interview! I love that she is into turning negative situations into positive ones. Can't go wrong with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice for a spotlight. The book sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful spotlight interview! And yet another book to add to my list of must reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read. A real page turner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it sounds like she has a lot of passion for writing! I like when you can tell that because it always shows in their writing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Kandice's inspiration for this novel! Such a wonderful premise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Writing is all about self-expression for me! I definitely consider writing an art. Good for Kandice for turning her passion into profession.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting! I love novellas! Something quick to read in an afternoon. This one looks promising! I love that there will be a sequel as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, sounds interesting. I would love to read this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh I have to pick this one up! Sounds like she definitely has a passion for her art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great interview. This sounds like a great read. I will add this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your interview. This looks like a wonderful read and I would read the sequel as well

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like an interesting book. I love Kandice's beliefs that life is made from your choices, I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an awesome interview! Love the author spotlight and the book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how she sees writing as another art form. It's a great way of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo I'm going to have to check out her work!! She sounds like an amazing author!!!

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.