Saturday, March 26, 2016

Author Spotlight: Claire Casey



In this weeks Author Spotlight, I meet up with the poetic and artistic, Claire Casey, author of Goddess of the Night, a book of poetry.

What is your book about?
Goddess of the Night is a collection of poetry, with a variety of themes and topics, from archaeology to re-enactment and Norse mythology.

What inspired you to write this book?
I started writing this when I was at university. I found inspiration in different places, from my own personal experiences and interests, to work by other writers.

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?
As I write both poetry and prose, so I don’t restrict myself to one genre, or form of writing. I also write in Fantasy and Young Adult. I tend to follow where inspiration takes me, which keeps things interesting.

Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?
This is a standalone book, but I will probably write other poetry collections in the future.

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?
I have wanted to be a writer since I was in primary school. Even though I’m Dyslexic, I have always enjoyed reading and writing. I have been inspired by writers like Iain Banks and Neil Gaiman. I love their style and the way that they create their worlds. I often find that their characters draw me in.

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel?
Other than my own work, I would say that my favourite novel would be American Gods by Neil Gaiman, The Bridge by Iain Banks or Shadows of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.

Have you written other books we should know about?
I am currently working with Nordland Publishing, for their Northlore series, which is a collection of short stories and poems. Currently, the first volume is available, which features one of my short stories.

If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?
Keep writing. Every writer had to start somewhere and the more that you write, the more that you will learn and the better that you will be come as a writer. 

Where can we find your book?

Amazon - Free on kindle unlimited 

Where can we find out more about you?





32 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome book! You have a knack for finding awesome books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poetry is always a fun form of writing. Its like there are rules... but no rules. It feels so authentic and emotional. Love checking out new poems and enjoying the vibes!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to add this book to my collection. There's nothing better then anything Goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poetry can be fun to read. My son just had an assignment where he had to do this book report type thing on a poetry book. He got an A!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love books like this to keep by my bed to read snippets before going to sleep! I am going to have to look this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read a lot of poetry, I think because I like long drawn out books, and poetry always seems short. But, this sounds like a wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading poetry is such a delight,
    I could take it in all night!
    It takes lots of talent,
    To be this gallant!
    This author's future is bright!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a big fan of reading poetry. I have a friend who just loves them and collects them. I wonder if she knows of Claire Casey. I'm going to have to share this with her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love poetry and poems, and this book sound intriguing for me. A post like this, is a chance for the writers to introduce their books to different readers, and to let the readers meet writers which whom they never heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read a book of poetry since college. Now I'm wondering why I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poetry is an acquired taste. But once acquired, very hard to let go of. There is just something magical about poetry because it leaves so much to our imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poetry is such a fun and meaningful piece of writing, love reading it! Would love to try this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a good one! I have so many books, this one would be a nice different addition to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Norse mythology is one of my favorites and I have found, is often the influence of many poets. I personally love Poe and the the darker style of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You rock you always have the best reviews !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Norse mythology but even more exciting is that she does not limit herself which I think it is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I used to read all the time but have really gotten out of it. Thanks for the suggestion. This might be just what I need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds like an amazing book. I love reading poetry.

    Southern Soul

    ReplyDelete
  19. I enjoy reading poetry and I really love that this author didn't let having dyslexia hold her back from following her dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing how one can find inspiration for their work and their life in so many places.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a great book. I really wish I had more time to read.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the kind of poetry I love. And that I wish I could write. I am dying to read some of her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg I use to be all about poetry and then my daughter was born lol... I need to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. As a Poet I enjoy books by other Poets checking Amazon.com noe

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds like a good read. I tend to like poetry better than novels because they keep my attention. Poetry is usually shorter and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like a great book to read. Currently finding some good book, i already finished my friend's book recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You get to speak with so many interesting authors. It's great to discover so many new books to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love reading something from someone new. thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a great book to read. I was just looking for a novel but something like this with poetry might be better for flying.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I actually got a book from a fellow blogger who published it recently and I was thinking of doing a post like this, asking her different questions about it. It was also a poetry book and it was a really great read. I think you've just inspired me to reach out to her and finally get started. I'd like to check out this poetry book soon, great interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love reading books and this sounds like an amazing book to read!! I need to check out this!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I always think that a book of poetry is interesting. I love to see where the author will go with it and why they put certain poems by each other.

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.