Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Blood Prophecy, a paranormal romance by Barb Jones.



In this weeks author spotlight I met up with the very talented Barb Jones, author of, The Blood Prophecy Series: The Queen’s Destiny and Marcus:Origins, a Paranormal Romance. Uh, now who doesn't love a bit of paranormal romance!

What is your book about?
Michael is a vampire searching for the vampire queen, subject of a four thousand year old prophecy.  Marcus is his trusted companion in the quest.  Chloe is a witch, perhaps the most powerful in centuries.   Amber stone is a brilliant woman haunted by terrifying and disturbing dreams. 
Chloe and Amber meet when Amber accepts a position at the Seattle Museum and they become friends very quickly.  Amber’s dreams are of particular interest to Chloe, who recognizes the reality in them.  Eventually, Michael finds Amber and recognizes her as the foretold Queen. 
To protect her friend, Chloe tags along on a double date.  By the end of the evening, Amber is a vampire and Chloe and Marcus have become inseparable lovers bound supernaturally one to another.  Forces opposed to the Queen, however, rear up and attempt their destruction.
Marcus is tortured by a shadowy group of enforcers while others converge on Michael and Amber.  Chloe uses newfound power to rescue Marcus, and the four have a showdown with the enemies at the Museum.  Badly over-matched, all seems lost, but at the very last moment werewolves, thought to be extinct, rescue them from destruction.  Malakai, the leader of the werewolves joins the four as part of the Chosen.

What inspired you to write this book?
For me, I was a little “tired” of the same themes in paranormal and honestly, I wasn’t too impressed with the Twilight Series either.  I love paranormal and eventually, I stopped reading it altogether.  So, one night I fell asleep and my mind began to work overtime.  Through the dreams, I came up with the unique storyline involving all the races and an epic battle of good vs evil, so to speak.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the book?
It is hard to say who is my all-time favorite because I like them all but in choosing one, it would have to Amber.  Amber is a character destined to discover her full potential and abilities yet remains a very shy genius who embraces destiny as it was meant to be.
My least favorite character is Gerard.  Gerard sits on a side that is neither good nor evil through his initial intentions but as time passes, his true nature comes out.  He is all about control and that is not something that sits well with me.

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?
I have always loved the paranormal since I was a child.  Horror movies are my favorite!  There is nothing like a good scare.  I’ve also written Children’s Fantasy books and am also diving into a book based on child abuse and fighting back through the eyes of a teen.

Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?
This is the first book in the series.  Marcus is a novella of one of the characters.  There will be 3 books in this series, novellas on the characters and a spin off.  There will even be audiobooks.

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?
I’ve always written since I was a child.  I love to write poetry and create new worlds to explore through writing.  About me, that’s a little tough.  (laughing) I’m an IT geek and writing is my passion.  One day, I would love my passion to become reality.  I lived in Seattle before moving to Florida and I couldn’t think of a better setting for my books.  Being a single mom, I love to tell my children stories and through them, I see how they love it and that’s my inspiration to put my fingers to the keyboard.

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel?
I have lots of favorite novels but the one author that stands out for me is Chris Kuzneski.  I just love the adrenaline in his characters and the way that the action makes you fall in love with them.  Chris Kuzneski lives in Tampa, Florida and I would love to meet him one day.

Have you written other books we should know about?
I’ve written the Little Arthur and Merlin the Magnificent series for preschoolers in addition to various poems published and the Blood Prophecy series, which includes, Marcus: Origins


If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?
My advice would be that you shouldn’t give up writing and trying.  You will get reviews that make you cry because not everyone can like everything – that would be boring.  But get to know your fans and definitely thank them.  Interact with them.  Become friends with them.  It is because of them that you owe your success to.  Where would authors be without our fans?


Where can we find your book?

Where can we find out more about you?




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14827825/?claim=2t262purnjh">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

40 comments:

  1. This is totally my kind of book. I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool you go to interview the author. I have a coworker who reads this genre, I will be passing your link along to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I wonder if he ever finds his vampire queen? I know my boyfriend would really love this book. I'll definitely recommend it to him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love some vampire romance? I love that it's not a typical-Twilight storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about authors and how they come up with their ideas. I would love to write books but am not a great wordsmith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many books I have been adding to my ever growing summer reading list. This looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to try this one out! I have practically given up on paranormal but this sounds like it might be different!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like its going to be pretty spooky! I know quite a few people who would love to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is another great interview in your blog! I am sure this is a great book in its own niche and will be highly appreciated by the readers interested in vampires

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you interview the writers,I always wonder about what is inside their heads to create such magic. I love Paranormal Romance, especially Vampires. I tell my husband all the time if he were a Vampire he would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great genre, I love reading books. So i think this one will be good. Reading it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent, I agree that mainstream paranormal themes have been very similar. Nice to see someone thinking outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! I love hearing how authors come up with books. And this books sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you highlight authors I might never have known about if I hadn't read your post. I love this genre of books so may check this out on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing interview. It's one thing to blog but it's so interesting to know the imagination of published writers! Really enjoyed reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a good book! I enjoy all different kinds of books but this one seem right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet it is really interesting to interview all those writers! The style of the book sounds like something right up my alley! BTW I love the part in the end where it is advised for writers to not give up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paranormal & romance! My two favorite genres together:) I was sucked in with the first question reading all about Michael, Marcus, Amber & Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a good book. I like that the author was sick of the same themes but took it to a new level of right and wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is totally my type of book! I love paranormal romance. Vampires, witches, it all sounds wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Although I am definitely not into paranormal or romance books, I thought it was interesting to read this interview with the author. It seems to me the thing for fiction writers is to write book series and I can see how it is an advantage. Readers who like one book can buy other books in a series.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I pinned! I'm definitely going to read this. Vampires is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am not into the vampire story but my husband is a big fan. I have friends that I will recommend this to!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Vampires, witches, the paranormal ~ yeagh, I can actually get IN to that! Thanks for letting us know about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I used to love this genre as a teenager, now I get kind of freaked out by the paranormal! I need my husband to be home to be able to read it.... but again.... I'm adding this to a list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like it's a great book to read on... I'd really need to find some time to just read it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I used to love paranormal but started to get a little tired of it as they churned out book after book of the same thing. This one seems a little different though, which is refreshing :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very interesting interview! Seems like a really great and unique book as I love paranormal! I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love a good paranormal story! This sure sound like one!i think i may check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm seeing more and more books and writers in this genre so I guess it continues to grow in popularity. I enjoyed the interview and look forward to seeing more of this author in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think a book like this would keep me up! I am scary like that but thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love reading book reviews. I have a crazy long list of books to get to once school is out this semester. I love reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds like a good read! Although I have to admit, I am a twilight fan lol. So I would probably love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  34. this sounds like the kind of book that is a real nail biter. Not sure if I would be able to read it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love reading about authors that you enjoy and love to read their works. this book looks great, I love anything paranormal as it gets me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  36. My husband would love this book. I might have to get it for him.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Twilight is like childplay in comparison to this, here is some actual decent themes that we wouldn't mind being caught reading.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the story im a huge horror fan, so this is definitely my genre. You have amazing theme and vampire and witches im so ready to read this. Needless to say that Charmed, True Blood, Supernatural and AHS are my faves. x

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved the Twilight series! It was so well written, can't believe she is not a fan?! This sounds like another book I would enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that you get the opportunity to pick the minds of the authors behind books. I'm super into super natural TV shows (and a few books) so this would be right up my ally!

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.