Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Misses Brontë’s Establishment, a historical fiction by Amy Wolf



In this weeks Author Spotlight, I meet up with the tenacious Amy Wolf, author of The Misses Brontë’s Establishment, a Historical fiction/alternate history

What is your book about?

Alternate history/biography:
What if. . . Branwell Brontë had not died before Emily?
What if. . .Charlotte was able to marry her “Mr. Rochester”?
What if. . .the Misses Brontë’s Establishment actually found a pupil:  one who is taught by three geniuses?

What inspired you to write this book?

My lifelong love of the Brontës.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the book?
Well, my favorite is of course the protagonist Maria, followed by Charlotte Brontë.
My least favorite is Duke Nigel, since he’s a total sleazebag! 

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?

I love history. I’ve studied other periods extensively: the Crusades; the Battle of Britain.  Yes, I also write traditional fantasy and YA fantasy. And comedy! 

Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?

It depends :> If Brontë Fever catches on, I do have ideas for a sequel. 

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?

I always knew I wanted to be a writer starting in grade school. I was reading so extensively then I’m not sure who inspired me, but I’d have to count Tolkien, Jack London, and translations of the Morte d’ Arthur. 

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel?

Pride and Prejudice.  Perfection.

Have you written other books we should know about? 

Yes! My Recession memoir, Don’t Let Me Die in a Motel 6.  This is a comedy about my life including: breast cancer, bankrupty, foreclosure, repo, etc. Seriously, it’s funny!


If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?

The spoils do not necessarily go to the most talented: they go to those with talent, but also, perhaps more importantly, perseverance. Never give up. This is a tough game: all of the arts are when you want to be a professional (I worked in the film industry for 15 years). Come into town on that bus, and be the last one off it. Metaphorically.  

Where can we find your book?

Amazon- Free on Kindle Unlimited

Where can we find out more about you ?

Twitter @AmyWolf_Author



35 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really interesting read. I love books like this and can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love creative people, so I know I will love Amy! Thanks for the lead on her books. I read all the time, it will be fun to get to know a new author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really interesting! I love adding new books to my "To Buy" list. Great post xx felinebykatsaris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I always love a great book suggestion- I'll be sure to look for more of Amy's work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really fascinating! I love historical fiction and I think I would love to read from an alternate reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This needs to go on my to buy when I have finished being broke list lol. She is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well...I did read the Bronte books from when I was a little girl - this sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like such a fun book! Pride and Prejudice is also my favorite. I love those classic novels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely book. Sounds like it would be a good one to turn into a movie or tv series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love alternate stories! I'm a big "what if" person myself! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds really interesting. I always love falling in love with characters and then playing the what if game afterwards and this sounds like the whole book is an alternate life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Bronte books. Cool idea for a novel! Thanks for sharing this info, I will definitely check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like an interesting book! I like thinking about "what ifs" when I read my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the brontes. Its great to her about inspirations, so interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even though historical type stories is not my preferred subject for reading, I am sure that many people will find this post quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds interesting. Would definitely read it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a creative idea. I will have to take a further look at this book. Thnk you for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's cool that she'll write follow-ups if they're received well! Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love historical books but mostly historical romances. I'm not entirely sure if I would read this one however. This isn't my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fab interview. Could take many tips from you to get deeper into people's minds. Great book!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This really sounds interesting. With so many great characters I love, I would love to see the new twist to this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just absolutely adore historical fiction. And I'm a big fan of Brontes. Sounds like a great read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So intregiued and a different spin ont things love this version great review.

    ReplyDelete
  24. my 17 year old cousin loves history, i need to show her this blog post and book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for more information about Amy Wolf.. It's really such a lovely story... Great book review!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds really great read. My sister needs to know about this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks like an amazing book. A good one to read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sounds like an interesting book. I'm not terribly into history so I can't say I would really appreciate it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds like an interesting book to read. Both me & my husband loves anything that involves historical fiction & this looks like one. The interview looks great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love reading books and this sounds like an interesting read!! Thanks for your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. History retellings or alternate takes are just so lovely. I love seeing where things could have gone in another life.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am always fascinated by persons who can lace stories together like that...authors rock!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love Historical Fiction because it gives you a perspective on past events while telling a story. I've been introducing my students to this genre little by little.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This sounds like a really interesting read. I love hearing about new books about all kinds of genres.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love historical type reads. Its so interesting, to read about the people lived, some rich and some not so rich it still intrigues me to learn more.

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.