Sunday, May 1, 2016

Where we Left Off, a romantic series by EG Weeks



In this weeks Author Spotlight, I had the pleasure of interviewing E.G. Weeks, author of Where we Left Off, a romance series incorporating titles such as Going Home and Moving Home.

 

What is your book about?

Going Home
Their first meeting told Khloe everything she had hoped for, that she and Paul still had strong feelings for each other that have only been simmering for the last fifteen years. Fifteen years ago, they kept their feelings in control for fear of what their family’s would think of them being together. That was then. This is now.

Passion is quickly ignited for Paul and Khloe. But how will they manage a long distance relationship? Khloe is only back in the old neighborhood for a quick visit to her parent's home for Thanksgiving. She has a job and an apartment back in Florida and Paul is tied to his job in this little Podunk town. Khloe’s solution is a decision she makes swiftly and on her own, she is going to move back home. Her hope is that by eliminating their distance that she and Paul can take their relationship to the next level. There is only one problem, she doesn’t know how Paul’s high profile job will accept their biracial relationship, especially in this small, off-the-beaten-path, neighborhood.

Moving Home
Now that the Christmas holidays are here Khloe has the opportunity to have some serious discussions with her mother about her relationship with Paul, spend time with family and friends, and observe the holiday traditions when her entire family returns home to be with each other for Christmas. They also reveal a secret Paul has been keeping, which will rock Khloe to her very core.

Moving Home will endear you to our favorite couple, Khloe Winston and Paul Whittington. Their sweet romance will the small town setting will give you a sense of being there with them and just when you are cozy and warm all over Paul’s secret will be revealed!

What inspired you to write this series?

My inspiration for this story (the series) came from a friend who asked me, “what would happen if you took a common relationship we see today and drop it in a small town setting?” I ran with the idea and creatively spun the story.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the serues?

My least favorite character in the book is Khloe’s mother. I wanted them to be much closer and have those mother/daughter conversations with guidance and mentoring but Khloe’s brokenness got in the way of that. There is still a third book to come, so, let’s see what happens when that book is released.

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?

So far I have written under the general genre of romance. This series is a sweet romance but I also have another series which is an ero/rom and a short story which is a rom/com.

Is this the end of the series, or can we expect more?

These books are a series with a third book on the way. I’m not sure where or if the series will continue after the third book. We will just have to see what the readers think.

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?

I’ve always been a big reader and I always wanted to try my hand at writing. I wrote several poems and my friends liked them. That was when the seed was planted.

Have you written other books we should know about? 

Tatiana’sChance Free on Kindle Unlimited
Tatiana’sChoice Free on Kindle Unlimited
Tatiana’sCharms Free on Kindle Unlimited

If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?

If there is only one thing I could share with an aspiring writer I would say, -- No matter your genre or whether you write fiction or nonfiction, write and don’t worry about what others say you should or should not do. Just write. Let editors and proof readers worry about how it should fit convention or rules of grammar.

Where can we find your books?

Going Home - Free on Kindle Unlimited
Moving Home - Free on Kindle Unlimited

Where can we find out more about you?

Website
Facebook
Blog
Twitter
Instagram: @authoregweeks
Goodreads
Amazon
Quotes Rain



41 comments:

  1. This interview makes me want to go out and get that book. She sounds like an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books and have always been an avid reader so I love book recommendations and was glad to come across this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the twist of seeing what would happen if you took something from today (present) and dropped it in the past or in a different setting or anything to add some drama to the scene! Great interview!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could see myself reading this one. I want to know what happens next and if they have problems they can't resolve. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said, you don't need to worry about what other people think, just write for yourself. Love the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding new series to read. The concept of dropping a common scenario in a small town setting does seem interesting! I will have to check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank for all the details. As I head towards summer break from school (teaching) I am looking for books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love romance books and, what a surprise, the woman on the cover is the sister of my son's godmother. It's good to see her doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound really interesting and just my type of book. Would love to get that third book when it comes out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely prefer books in a series! This one looks pretty good, I may be adding it to my goodreads list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. romance in a small town is hard! everybody wants to be involved and know everything or be jealous. hard stuff! this seems like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Series books are great. They keep you looking for more. I love the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Romance book has always been my favourite. The idea of this book is quite unique. Romance in the small town indeed creates drama, and suprises.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely going to look more at this author. Sounds like my kind of story!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this series sounds so fun! I love romance series. I am definitely going to look these books up - and the kindle unlimited ones as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love finding a good series and reading them all. The anticipation of waiting for the release date of the next book is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great interview! As my son heads up North for the summer, I always try to read at least 1 book. I may have found it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would have really enjoyed reading this in college--that was back when my husband and I were managing our own long distance relationship! The series sounds interesting--thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always looking for new books to read. Thanks for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need a good romance. This one I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love reading. This sounds like a good Mother's Day gift for me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not a romance novel reading. but I can recommend this to friends...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't do romance novels, but I'm going to pick these up for a friend who will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great interview. I love reading romance books. I can't wait to get a copy of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The book definitely tackles a challenging and sensitive topic which I'm sure a lot of people will draw inspiration from. That's a really beautiful story and I'm sure it's going to be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like authors with characters that even they don't like. It's a sign that they're more objective with necessity when it comes to the development and story. I enjoyed reading this one, maybe I'll continue with the actual books themselves, I'm always a fan of the romance genre. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks like an interesting book to read. I love romance novels. I might put this on my reading list for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like a great read! i love romantic novels! ill be sure to add this to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love this book and I always discuss this to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love recommendations for new books to check out. Especially romance novels ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great interview! I love hearing about new authors and new styles :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love books that has sequels.. It like keeping in touch with an old friend (im crazy i know) haha

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds like some interesting books. Great interview as well. I'm always interested in new books to read. I don't get to read often though, although I wish I could read more then I do.

    ReplyDelete
  34. How neat that you got to interview her :) sounds like an interesting book!

    www.forblueskies.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great interview! I love books that are in a series. I hate to say goodbye to characters I like.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really need to make time to read. I miss books so much!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love reading romantic books, this one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Books are my constant companion. And i might grab a copy if these books. Love reading romantic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love a good romance novel and this looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am drawn to this series by the cover page. Sometimes authors don't realise that the cover is important...first impressions

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.