Sunday, June 12, 2016

Crystal Dreams, a delicate fantasy romance by Tracy Millosovich




In today's spotlight Tracy Millosovich discusses her debut novel, Crystal Dreams, a heart-wrenching fantasy romance. 

What is your book about?

After a grieving King Thomas Johnson vows to bring his deceased queen Mifa Tara Rosa back from the dead with a human army, he heads to Earth to find her reincarnation. Bringing her back to his planet, Tartan, and sacrificing her was his plan. Falling in love with her was not. Being a magical creature being in love with a human girl, when humans are greedy and cruel, is completely forbidden. That and the war between humans and his planet is not over. When Crystal, the human woman, learns of his real plan to kill her to bring his deceased queen back, the treachery is too much. Will she choose to save his kingdom and his people or side with the humans, her own race, against him?

What inspired you to write this book?

The inspiration behind Crystal Dreams began in the friendship with a boy I used to go to elementary school with. His kindness, inspired by friendship we shared, sparked the start of this novel, and flamed the fire that kept the spirit of this novel alive for two decades.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the book?

My absolute favorite character is Mifa Tara Rosa, Queen of Tartan. Even though she looked like a weak, fragile woman in a crown, she held onto her beliefs that everyone deserved a second chance. That’s why her laws on criminals being imprisoned were so lenient. Yet, despite her gentleness, she could really kick butt in battle!
My least favorite character is Jason. He’s an all around jerk to everyone. He’s always picking on his brother, challenging his wife, Ana, and has a bad temper towards the main character Crystal Rose even though she’s done him no harm. I’d say he’s the one who matures most of all….OK. Maybe he doesn’t, but at least his temper gets better.

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?

I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. I have always been so it was natural to gear my novel towards romance. I also grew up on reading action, and science fiction comic books so I drew off of my love for action based storylines the most.

Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?

Crystal Dreams is the first book in a series of four books, and it ends in a surprising cliffhanger. It was so surprising that even I didn’t plan for book one to end like that! I guess my characters have other plans, and I just go along with it.

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?

I’ve always been a creative person who excelled in the arts and writing. I’ve been writing since I could write my name as a child. Writing had been a way to escape my childhood, and it just happened that there were people who wanted to read what I wrote. I’ve always had good with writing words so being an author was a natural choice after loving reading, and collecting books. 

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel? 

I’ve always been a fan of the William Shakespeare plays. Especially Romeo and Juliet. My middle school teacher taught us to read them, and I’ve been a fan ever since. 

Have you written other books we should know about?

Crystal Dreams is my debut as an author.



If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be? 

No matter what, never stop writing. Whether you sell a million books or 10, keep writing, because someone somewhere out there needs your words. Never quit.

Where can we find your book?

Check out the new paperback books now available for $8! Contact Tracy Millosovich for your signed copy before she runs out of books!

Where can we find out more about you?

Come stalk Tracy Millosovich and find out what she’s up to!


27 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read! I will add it to my summer reading list! Thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read! Love how the Queen of Tartan likes to give everyone a second chance, even though she seems like a tough chick!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of the book isn't something I would pick up and read, until your review it that is. Now I cant wait to check it out. I guess it's true what they say to never judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY inspiring how the author get her idea for the book - just from someone she knew in school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The review made me want to read this, even though it is not my typical genre at all. Great reviews do that to people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the author on her debut! It's always exciting when someone makes a dream come true. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really fascinating. I love the combination of the two worlds. I am going to have to check it out..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw the inspiration of a childhood friendship is adorable. I bet this book was written with so much love and fondness of those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This actually sounds like a very intriguing plot, I think I would enjoy reading it! Fantasy with a good romance, those are some of my favorite stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice plot, I would like to read the whole book. I like fantasy romance books, they are really engaging.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like a great book to read at anytime. The books I normally read are self-help or children's books...but I'd love to read a fantasy one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooo this book sounds fantastic!!! I really needed another book for when I'm out by the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fantasy, and put them together with added romance definitely makes for a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect for summer! Love to find book recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this science fiction/romance genre. This seems like a book that's full of both romance, adventure, and character growth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like it would be a great read. Adding it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like such a good book! I am always adding and adding to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of books for me to get to reading outside in the sunshine! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow I really want to find out what choice Human Queen of Tartan makes, especially since he did not intend to fall in love with her. I love a fantasy romance.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love fantasy and a romantic plotline is always fun because it can show character progression and depth. Looks like I'll be checking this one out for Summer reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a great summer read. My guilty pleasure is ready romance books.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love how the author came up with the idea for this book, great review and a book I would love to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to share this with my daughter. We enjoy reading books together and maybe this will be one of our summer reads.

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks interesting. i'll have to check it out soon. i need a new book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am seriously impressed that this is her debut! It sounds like she has a bestsellers on her hands! This is a must read!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the combination of romance and fantasy in this book. Romance has always been my favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Not really the style of books I read, but your review was well written.

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.