Saturday, June 4, 2016

Star Dust, a spectacular fantasy novel by Ali Winters



In this Author Spotlight, I met up with the creator and destroyer of worlds, Ali Winters, and we discussed, Star Dust, her latest fantasy novel.

What is your book about?

A case of mistaken identity triggers a reign of terror.

A Star Princess of Soleis, bound by tradition, is forced to fulfill an arrangement made prior to her birth. During the Tauri masque, Oriana meets a handsome stranger, but soon finds out he is not who she thought.

Prince Lucian, unfamiliar with the treaties of the Universe, must restore the reputation of his world and prove his kingdom is not behind the attacks.

No one knew an innocent mistake could lead to the destruction of the solar system. Worlds are conquered, lives torn apart, and destruction reigns, while Oriana, unknowingly, holds the key to salvation.

Now, a Princess who needs saving must save herself, the man she loves, as well as the rest of the Universe, before it is destroyed beyond repair.

What inspired you to write this book?

I was writing another novel and ended up getting stuck so I decided a nice 2k short story that could be expanded on later would be a fun way to get words flowing again, except it just kept going and what started out as a 2k short story because a full blown novel, with several more novels in the series being planned.

Who is your favourite, and least favourite, character in the book?

Favorite? Lucian. Least favorite… This one is harder, because I like them all for being exactly what I wanted them to be. 

What draws you to this genre? Do you write in any other genre?



I love fantasy, I grew up reading it and I love how anything can happen.
Is this a standalone book, or can we expect more?
So far there are 4 books planned out for this series. Each can be read as a standalone following a different character’s story.

Tell me about you and what drew you to writing? Are there any authors who inspired you to become a writer yourself?

I love reading, always have. I used to blog but got in a rut and felt like i was only finding the same story over and over. I wanted something fresh, and different. So I wrote it. First it was just a short scene, but when i showed it to a close friend, she encouraged me to keep going with it. I did. And the more i write, the more ideas for stories come to me. 

Other than your own book, what is your favourite novel?

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.

Have you written other books we should know about?

The Reapers - Free on Kindle Unlimited
Flirting With Death - Free on Kindle Unlimited

If you could advise aspiring writers on only one aspect of authordom, what would your advice be?

Research - everything. What you’re writing about, the process of publishing. EVERYTHING. If you can’t find an answer, then ask someone. But researching for hours will give you more information then you could ever get from asking others first. 

Where can we find your book?

Amazon - Free on Kindle Unlimited

Where can we find out more about you?

Twitter: @aliwinters_
Instagram: authoraliwinters





30 comments:

  1. Nice interview! How do you find all your authors to interview? You have an impressive vita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she tells writers to research; even if you're writing fantasy! It's always easy to tell when the writer has done their due diligence before publishing. Fun interview to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting description of this book. Not my style or genre, but I bet a lot of people totally cant wait to turn page after page!
    Karen | GlamKaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is such a unique story. And I always love a female hero! Girl power!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way this book sounds! I want to say that I have read something by Ali Winters before. I just can't put my finger on what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a great book! I love fantasy novels every now and again to take a step away from reality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice interview! How do you find all your authors to interview?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really interesting. You always do such a great job with interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always needed to read Hitchhiker, many people have highly recommended it to me over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I love the author's name....it's the same as mine. haha. This book sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Interview! It's really cool that the author can find inspiration for other projects while working on a current project. So creative, I wish my mind worked that way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHat a great interview! This sounds like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fantasy too - it is probably my favorite genre. The destruction of the solar system sounds pretty intense! Can't wait to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find fantasy fascinating as well and what intrigues so much about this synopsis is how it centers around identity. From a psychological point of view that is pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cover is simply amazing. I am going to have to check this one out. It sounds like a delightful read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like such an interesting and exciting book! I love how you do the interview too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a great book. I haven't read a fantasy in forever. I have to stop coming to your website because I always end up on Amazon. :) Just kidding, thanks for helping me keep my Kindle full.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love getting to know the author more this way. While fantasy has never been my favorite genre, I have resolved to read more of it this summer. I'll certainly add this book to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not my style of book, but I always need a reminder to read more. It took me like a year to read GIRLBOSS when most people probably read it in a day. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cool, that you get to interview authors! I always tell myself that I need to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great interview! You have interviewed so many great authors. Star Dust definitely looks like a book I would enjoy reading. Fantasy is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great interview! I am a fan of fantasy because I imagine the worlds the author creates. It takes a special talent to write it so kudos to Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Research is SO important! I hate reading books about Russia, where authors don't get simple facts straight or say "blah-blah" is something in Russian and I'm like "never heard that word in my life. it's not even remotely Russian."

    ReplyDelete
  24. The plot is very interesting and I love the cover! Another great interview from you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another great author interview. This looks like a perfect book for summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like hearing from authors and the hidden side of their novels creations so thanks for the interview. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was also one of my fav books!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This looks like a good book! This is a great interview! I'm very interested in this author!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really enjoy your book reviews, primarily because of its format. Gives a structure to the content. And being an amateur writer, I learn from your style of writing as well. I haven't heard about this book so I'm inspired to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you always do such a great job on your interviews. You should get a kick back for all of the reccomendations you give out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the bit of advice about research. Too often authors do not pay enough attention to this aspect

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.