Sunday, August 7, 2016

Meeting Jan Mann at the New England Author Expo



As many of you know, I attended the New England Author Expo, orgainsed by Christopher Obert of Pear Tree Publishing, as a blogger. And I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my time. I learned a great deal from the panels of authors, editors, and many more, who dished on their experience of the publishing world and offered invaluable advice. Not only that, but I also got to meet and interview some amazing authors. This week, over the course of seven days, I will be sharing the stories of those wonderful imagineers. First up is Jan Mann, author of How I Won the West, a memoir/travel book.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Could you tell me a little bit about your book?

How I won the west is a travel memoir based on a solo five week road trip I took of the west of the United States. I visited ten states, and ten national parks, I did a lot of adventurous things, things out of my comfort zone, like driving up the highest mountain in North America and driving down US 101 and staying in youth hostels for the first time. So that’s what my book is about. It’s part travel book, part memoir, part how-to guide. 

What can you say is your most memorable part of the trip?

That’s always a tough question because everything I did was a brand new experience. The whole western part of the United States was new to me. And every time I came to a new adventure it was the greatest thing in the world, so I cannot tell you one favourite part.

If you had to give an author advice on how to write a book, what would it be?

I would say to follow your passion and your dreams, which will always get you out of your comfort zone.

After Jan Man wrote her book she found that she had a lot of inspiration to share. Now she is starting her own motivational talks, “The Next Chapter, are you ready?” It’s about the changes and transitions that we go through in our life and how we can get through them smoother in her five action step plan. 

If you're interested to learn more about Jan Mann she can be found on these sites.

Also, her book can be found here 


Don't forget to subscribe and be the first to hear about fantastic new authors featured on Books and Authors. Please note that subscribers will only receive emails when there is a new post, email addresses will not be used for spamming or advertisement.

10 comments:

  1. I am always thrilled when authors write about their own experiences. I have this book on my list and cannot wait to share it with my book club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An author expo sounds like F U N! I would love to mingle with authors. :) I'm always so impressed by those who turn their stories into books. I would love to do that one day. :)
    I traveled from South Carolina to Washington State last year, I wrote about it, but on my blog.

    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she faced each new trip and adventure with fresh eyes. It must have been great to meet her in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so brave that she drove all that way by herself. What a wonderful trip to take in life and it must have been very good for her soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would probably love this book. I love to hear about people's journeys around the country or around the world. It's always great to here people's stories about places that I have not been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Attending this event looks like it was a great experience for you! Love your author interviews, this one is no different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is awesome that she turned her traveling into a book. To experience all of these new adventures and then put them into words for others to read is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. She is so courageous. I dont think I could travel for that long on my own, let alone by road. I love all your interviews. I especially love this one because travelling is one of my great passions!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An author expo sounds like so much fun. I'm a huge fan of books myself and reading your interviews encourages me to read different genres. This is amazing because I love to read travel fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great interview - I love that she actively pushed herself out of her comfort zone to try new things. Sounds like you had fun at the convention!

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.