Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Meeting Jennifer W Smith at the New England Author Expo



As many of you know, I attended the New England Author Expo, orgainsed by Christopher Obert of Pear Tree Publishing, as a blogger. And I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed my time. I learned a great deal from the panels of authors, editors, and many more, who dished on their experience of the publishing world and offered invaluable advice. Not only that, but I also got to meet and interview some amazing authors. This week, over the course of seven days, I will be sharing just some of the stories of those wonderful imagineers. Today's enticing read comes from author Jennifer W Smith, who penned Flying Backwards, and The Rare Pear.



Could you tell me a little about your books?

Sure, my first book, Flying Backwards, is about a flight attendant who is a small town girl and she wants to find her way in the world. So, she applies to become an international flight attendant. She, meets three different suitors along the way, so it’s a romance story about who will she end up with in the end. I was a flight attendant for a couple of years, so it inspired this story and all the places this character has been to, I have also been.
The second book is a series I wrote and I kind of changed genres for this. It features an old Hotel in a tiny New England coastal town. So my character finds something hidden behind the walls that sends her into another realm. It has history, romance, mystery and a little evolution theory in there. It’s a fun fantasy adventure. 

That sounds amazing. Could you tell me have you anything lined up next?

Yeah, so I’m plugging along with the Broken Water series. The first book is out now, the second book will be out September and the third in the Spring and I’m writing the fourth book now.

Wow that’s a lot. If you were to give advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?

Just to stick with it and maybe to join a writers group, because you need a whole community of people to help you, motivate you and give you tips.


If you'd like to find out more about Jennifer and her books, here are just some of her links below.

Website
Facebook
Twitter


Jennifer W Smith's books can be found at

Amazon 

Don't forget to subscribe and be the first to hear about fantastic new authors featured on Books and Authors. Please note that subscribers will only receive emails when there is a new post, email addresses will not be used for spamming or advertisement.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of her before but I totally would look into her books! I need to get back into reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this author, but her first book sounds right up my alley! Awesome that u got to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of her before. But, her books seem really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a fellow writer I commend her on having the drive to publish so many books. I have to check out the one about the flight attendant...I've always wanted to be one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some fun books to read. I am always looking for new books to read. I will have to check her book out as I have never heard of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like an intelligent woman through her answers. Glad to know that you got a chance to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading books and this sounds like an amazing book! I need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The second book by the author is my favourite type. Mystery and magic. Will be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete

Be not afraid to speak. The weary worlds and heroic adventurers wait with bated breath to hear your thoughts.